Sunday, March 17, 2019

Watercolor of vellum

Hello! I've been busy playing with some new supplies , enjoying a nice relaxing day. I'm playing along with the challenge at CAS Watercolor card challenge... the theme is watercolor on vellum. I wasn't sure how this would turn out, but I'm pleased with it. I heat embossed the image, and then did my watercoloring on the back. I found that I have to do an extra layer of color to get the color I was going for. I used some gold glitter washi tape to hold the vellum down, I didn't want to risk an adhesive showing. Thanks for stopping by today.
 https://caswatercolour.blogspot.com/2019/03/cas-watercolour-march-challenge.html

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Samantha! Love the rich red color you achieved on your vellum, and using the gold washi tape to hold your vellum layer down is an awesome idea! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watercolour rose on vellum is gorgeous Samantha!! And what a clever idea to use gold washi tape to hold everything in place. Wondewrful design and great work with the technique! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete