Tuesday, March 17, 2020

CC&S #362

Hello! Welcome back. Here is my card for this week's color challenge. I used this fun stamp/die from MFT. What a week it's been. I'm sure everyone has heard enough stressful information in the last week or few weeks depending where you live. I'm in NW Indiana , bordering Chicago. So I'm instead going to tell you a funny sorry about my kid... the 18 .year old. My goofy kid has been saving his paycheck and purchased himself an Ultra saber ( fanciest light saber , yep the star wars kind) , lights up and has sound too, well little brother purchased a cheaper one. During one of their nightly battles in the front yard ( keeping neighbors entertained) 18yr old hit brother's light saber and broke it... little brother then jabbed 18yr old in the chin with broken light saber accidently . Well the 18yr old needed stitches in his chin so off to the ER we went (this was 2 weeks ago) . Since he was 18 the nurse asked him what happened..... " fighting an epic battle for the fate of the galaxy " was the response the nurse got. It made his night, he laughed so hard and said "kid that was just what I needed" . SO I hope that brought a smile to your face today. It sure made my coworkers laugh when they heard it. Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

  1. Your colorful sentiment pop out from grey background! So stunning!!!
    The story is so funny but I'm so sorry to hear that your kid had a injury. Hope he got better soon. And Stay safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your kids have a great sense of humor. :-) Your card has such a fun feel! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with YoonYoung - the colorful letters really stand out against the simple grey background!
    I didn't realize you lived near Chicago. Your light saber story reminded me of when my younger son and I went with his high school's fine arts department on a trip to Chicago. When we were browsing around the Magnificent Mile two girls in our group engaged in a light saber battle at the Disney Store. Long story short, both of those girls are now my son's ex-girlfriends. It strikes me as funny to think that the two of them may have been fighting over him!

    ReplyDelete