Tuesday, January 12, 2021

CC&S #402

 






Hello! I hope you are all doing good. I'm exhausted, but I did that to myself. For the last few months I've been taking aqua boot camp ( high intensity aqua aerobics) , I was really struggling with feeling depressed ( I work in healthcare, stressful) . I really enjoy it, and have made some great new friends. Don't worry it's really safe, temp checks, more than 6 feet apart, plus in a millions gallons of chlorinated water. Well in today's class I flipped off my noddle ( floating device) and my glasses went to the bottom of the pool. The lifeguard went to get them for me. A friend from class is having breast cancer surgery, so I made this for us all to sign and then send to cheer her up. The floral image is Altenew , sentiment is hero arts. Thanks for stopping by today. 

8 comments:

  1. Samantha I'm exhausted just reading your post, but as a fellow specs wearer bravo to the lifeguard for retrieving your glasses from the bottom of the pool - I would be lost without mine! Your card is a real breath of spring and I'm sure will be just the thing to cheer up your friend and let her know that her class buddies are thinking of her. That blousy rose is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you being proactive Samantha! They say exercise can be so helpful in combatting stress - and I'd add meditation to the list too (works for me!) You've used my favourite colour combination on your card and I love it! The rose looks as if it smells glorious and I love the arty splatters too. You are lovely to think of your friend and get everyone to sign the card - it is sure to cheer her up! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower, beautiful card. This will truly brighten anyone's day. working in Healthcare these days is nothing less than stressful. Glad you are able to carve a bit of time out for yourself to rejuvinate your mind and body. Gotta watch those noodles - they are slippery suckers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely and I have no doubt your friend is going to appreciate it. Keep up the exercising. Both my son and DIL are nurses currently in Covid units so I understand the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card which I’m certain your friends will appreciate. The aqua aerobics sounds like a great way to relieve your stress. Hopefully things will ease up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this bold and beautiful flower. Your friend must love this. Hope she recover soon and hope you feel better. I believe everything will be fine soon. Cheer up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic results with the layered stamping and I love the black splatter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way the theme at CAS Mix Up is 'splatters':)

    ReplyDelete