Tuesday, November 3, 2020

CC&S #395

 

Hello! I hope you all are doing well today. It's my son's 16th birthday today. He was born in an election year and hubs and I watched the election returns from labor and delivery while we awaited our 2nd child"s arrival. We were very anxious, he was due 12/15.. so just a bit too early. He was a decent weight (5lbs and 19 inches long) but was having difficulty breathing on his own. A few minutes after he was born he was taken by ambulance to another hospital ( the one I delivered at had no NICU, and I only went for a routine test) and 2 days later he took a life flight ride to another hospital in Chicago... scary times. That baby is now and happy healthy 6'3 kid. So this election year (for those of us in the states) remember while you might be anxious things won't always be that way. ..So now on to the card.... all stamps and stencils are from Taylored expressions. I'm working on Thanksgiving cards now, because as the numbers go up again I wonder if we will get together with family for Thanksgiving.. so I need to have plenty of cards to send out. Thanks for stopping by today. 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! Love this background. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your scary, but beautiful, story with us. My son too just turned 16 (September), his birth was a bit of a struggle. I went into distress from the drugs they had given me to expedite the birth. He went into distress which led to an emergency c-section...we almost lost him. Thankfully we both pulled through and my 6'6" healthy, so smart and athletic boy is thriving. Lets not leave out or lessen my youngest, his little sister (now 12). 2020 has been a crazy stressful year and this election is definitely making sure 2020 leaves just as rough as it came in. However, we all will persevere, adapt as required. We have a lot to be Thankful for and your son is definitely a blessing. Beautiful card with a beautiful meaning.

    ReplyDelete